Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Best Mining Ship?

I was talking about EVE yesterday when a friend said he was pretty sure that the Hulk wasn’t the biggest/baddest mining ship in the game. There simply MUST be a capital ship which was bigger/better at mining. So, we looked in EVEMon and, it would seem, he’s wrong – the Hulk really is the best ship for mining for a single person. Now if you want to expand the question to include gang mining then there are better ships than the Hulk, but for a single player the Hulk is the shit.

But that got me to wondering – once I have riches untold from all my AFK Gaming, then what? What do I want to spend my money on? What are my goals? What the fuck am I doing here?!

I looked up some of the more expensive things in the game and to be honest they are truly and amazingly expensive. They cost far more than I have and more than I’m likely to ever have (ISK tends to burn a hole in my pocket.) So, what I’m left with is that I’m going to make a lot of money for a single person, but not enough to be a Corporation unto myself. And, really, being a one-man Corporation is dangerous. Other Corporations can declare war on you and you’ve only got yourself to rely on. Not worth it!

So, again, what the fuck am I doing here?

I don’t know!

1 comment:

  1. First, a singleton-corp is generally not a good war-target for a griefer anyway. However, should your corp be war-decced, you do have options, not the least of which is just disband it and return to NPC Corp. You've got enough ISK to just start another one anyway.
    Second, sounds like you've gotten the single-player experience of EvE maximized and it may be time to join/start a corp. If you go the singleton-corp route, consider joining an alliance that caters to such small indy/mining corps. They are out there.
    Third, try something different. Train up some exploration skills and go find stuff. Just to take a break.

    Fly safe.

    ReplyDelete